Video via the QUIDO “Fascinating Stories” Series
Nominations for the 2014 European Ada Awards launched on 4 April 2014 in Athens, Greece, in the context of the “Women and Girls Go Digital!” event, co-organised by ECWT and celebrating the Greek Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Nominations for this year’s European Ada Awards – named after the first-ever computer programmer, Ada Lovelace, Lady Augusta Ada King, Countess of Lovelace – are now being accepted in the following categories:
- 2014 European Digital Girl of the Year™
- 2014 European Digital Woman of the Year™
- 2014 European Digital Impact Organisation of the Year™
Deadline for submissions for the European Ada Awards is 16 September 2014 and winners in each category will be recognised at the Ada Awards Ceremony on 30 October 2014 in Rome, as part of the closing event for the 2014 eSkills for Jobs campaign. Please follow the noted links to find out more about each Award.
The international Ada Awards™ recognise outstanding girls and women in digital sectors globally and the organisations that support them. The European Ada Awards™, launched in 2013 by the Digital Leadership Institute (formerly Zen Digital Europe) and its partners – CEPIS, DIGITALEUROPE, ECWT and European SchoolNet – are an official pledge to the Grand Coalition for Digital Skills and Jobs in Europe, and have the following objectives:
- Increase the number of digitally-skilled girls and women in Europe;
- Increase participation of girls and women in digitally-driven and digitally-enabled studies, enterprises and jobs;
- Recognise outstanding women and girls in digitally-enabled and digitally-driven studies and careers; and
- Showcase organisations who are increasing participation of girls and women, particularly in leadership roles, in digital sectors.
For questions or to become a partner or sponsor of the Ada Awards, please contact us.
©2013-2014 Digital Leadership Institute, asbl/vzw
Place Van Meyelplein 24
1040 Brussels, Belgium